Friday, October 10, 2008

We are thinking....

PINK! That's right we are having a girl! Natalee Louise will be making her debut in March of 2009.

We came about this exciting news in a not so fun way. I received a call from my physician last night at 6pm that one of my blood tests came back as high risk for Down Syndrome. I was scheduled for an ultrasound this morning for screening (to check anatomical features that may represent Down's) and an amniocentesis.

The ultrasound went well with no physical findings consistent with Down's. The amniocentesis, though a little painful went well. We will have to wait 2 weeks for the final results of the test. Dennis, me, and our families have been praying that things will turn out ok. However, we have both (Dennis and me) decided if our little girl has Down Syndrome that this is our challenge and the path God wants us to take. It won't be easy, but our little Natalee "Lou" is such a blessing already and we wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: