Thursday, October 9, 2008

The New Addition...

No, not the baby! A few weeks ago we said goodbye to Dennis' car. His mazda had seen better days and needed to be completely retired. After much research and a couple of test drives, Dennis decided on a new car.

Since the car dealerships are overstocked with SUV's and trucks, new inventory in Memphis was hard to come by. We were looking for a crossover, which is not technically a car nor a SUV. We settled on the Nissan Rogue.
The catch was to get what we wanted at the price we had
budgeted, we needed to take a road trip. So off we went one Saturday to Savannah, TN. The 2 hour or so drive wasn't terrible. It was, however, filled with very small towns, very low speed limits, and interesting if not quirky town and creek names. This at least kept me entertained. Such as a business outside of Savannah, "short bus enterprises". I got a laugh out of that one.
Anyways, I digress (pregnancy brain). So after all the "i's" were dotted and "t's" were crossed we had our new car. Dennis is so proud. Of course, I have stolen it a time or two on shopping trips.
So here is the new addition:

I know most people are thinking to themselves and some asking me if I will be turning in my precious Mustang convertible for a more kid friendly vehicle (aka-mini van). The response is a resounding "No". Not that I am knocking mini vans. Those that have them love them, but they are not for me. And most people who know me can say I (or at least I think they would) that I am not a mini van type of gal. I can barely see the end of the hood while driving my mom's SUV (vertically challenged is a word).
I love my car. I am short. My kids, well at least the 3 year old, is not mammoth. For the one still cooking, well that is to be determined. I can still be a cool mommy even though I am a mommy. I am sure most mommies would agree! Hubby so lovingly washed my car this past weekend, so I must show a picture of it.

All in all it has been a busy couple of weeks with doctor's appointments and other activities. Nothing to thrilling or entertaining to report at this time though!










1 comment:

Nicki and Don said...

I like Dennis' new car! New cars are so fun. I am glad to hear you are not getting a mini van, though!:) I can't wait to hear if the little babe is a boy or GIRL!! It should be soon, right?