Saturday, October 18, 2008

Clothes, clothes, and more clothes...

After finding out our new bundle of joy will be a girl, I am in clean out mode. Not clean out and throw out, but cleaning out to sell. I have my eye on a few special things for Lou! It is unimaginable how many clothes you can rack up over two years or so for a growing child. We have gone through preemie clothes, newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months-2T, and even some smaller 3T items!
We are sorting, counting, taking pictures, and bundling the items together to list on craigs list and a few other online sites.
Not only that, we are re-arranging the upstairs so we can move the office to the guest room, then Landon from downstairs in the nursery to upstairs (where the office was). The guest room will be in limbo until another small loft type room can be finished (it is storage for now).

I made the decision that I wanted to go all out for this little girl and re-do the nursery theme in black, white, and hot pink (boutique style complete with high heel and purse mobiles-adorable!). It was a pretty neutral cream and green toile print for Landon. Anyone who knows me knows I am obsessive about matching everything. So the bedding, the high chair, bouncer, bassinet, pack and play, diaper bags, etc all matched. I went as far as to get custom bedding so that everything would be similar for my little guy. Needless to say we have all this extra and need to sell it. So again we are washing sorting and taking pictures.

I have made my first purchase for Natalee Lou and am so excited. It is her new Quinny stroller, car seat, and bassinet or carry cot for the stroller (all so worth the investment). I opted for red for these. I cannot wait to get it! Now to order the bedding from etsy.com. I am so in love with this site! I have found nearly everything to outift the nursery, decor wise from etsy. The cool thing is that most of it is one of a kind and made by some talented individual, too cool!

I guess my break is over. Back to sorting, taking pictures, and bundling. We have a lot to do and belive it or not, less than 130 days left to do it in!

No comments: