Sunday, October 19, 2008

Let's Get Cookin'

So this morning while trying to sleep in (not successful I might add), I began thinking of what to have for dinners this week. I like to plan ahead, even though these days being pregnant it is not always the best idea.
I had the time this morning to shop and cook since we are going to the fall picnic service this afternoon at church. Landon even went with me to the store and was my little helper. Of course he got something out of the trip for being so good.

I guess I had a sudden burst of energy because this is what I cooked:

-Italian pasta salad (for the picnic today with enough extra for lunches this week)

-4 spinach and ricotta cheese quiches (2 for us and 2 for work for a belated bosses lunch since my manager decided to go out of town last week)

-Homemade creamy tomato basil soup (this is enough for now, one to freeze, and one for work as well)

-2 applesauce cakes, which are similar to spice cake-the frosting is maple cream cheese (one for work and one for home)


I am sure the energy will peter out soon. But it has been nice to cook again without the thought turning my stomach!

No comments: