Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some History...

Once upon a time... wrong story, sorry.

It all began 8 years ago. After leaving Union University in May of 1999, I began taking classes at the University of Memphis that fall. Dennis and me met in Western Civilization class (I think).
So we began talking and carpooling to class together. Eventually we began dating and became engaged April 7, 2001. We married May 30, 2003 after I graduated from the U of M Loewenberg School of Nursing.
Two short years later, we had our son Landon Grove (born 8/12/2005). He is such a blessing!

And now we fast forward to just a few weeks ago. I began working at St. Jude July 7, 2008. I have blood drawn each month due to some endocrine problems I was diagnosed with in 2004. I went in as usual on July 14th. July 17th, I get a call from my physician who informs me I'm pregnant. What? Are you sure? How can this be? All of these questions and more I continued to ask for about 5 minutes. July 21st, we see the "baby doctor" to confirm and sure enough, we were 6 weeks pregnant!
The next week or so was a blur as I was in shock. A good shock though. So I guess that 1% that birth control doesn't work is true! A true sign and blessing from God this little one is meant to be and in HIS ultimate timing!

Now, if it only is a girl....... :)

No comments: