Thursday, August 21, 2008

Out on the open road....

We took our first family vacation this past weekend. We left Memphis last Thursday 8/14 and drove to Branson, Missouri. Now, I know what you are thinking, Branson? Don't older people go there? Well, yes and no (I will get to this later).

So off we went on our little journey with Landon situated in the back with the DVD player and his toys, me driving (pregnancy makes me carsick!), and Dennis dozing next to me.

The trip there was fine until we hit rain and mountains and then I was little freaked out. Once arriving in Branson we traveled up the mountains to a resort my parents were staying at. It was really nice. We were tucked away from the main drag of Branson, so it was really peaceful.

Landon opened his Birthday presents (he turned 3 on 8/12) when we arrived. He was so excited! My dad got him a fishing pole, I think he carpet fished for a good 2 hours that night.



He also got an acoustic guitar. He loves to play my brother's when he visits memaw and grandaddy, so my mom bought him his own. We went to sleep not long after that in preparation for a busy Friday!

Friday morning we spilled the beans! My parents were not aware we were expecting, so Landon put on his "I'm the Big Brother" shirt and showed memaw. It took her a while, but then she asked "are you expecting?". Needless to say breakfast was filled with baby chatter. Later on in the afternoon, Dennis and me played golf at John Daly's course, Murder Rock. It was a lot of fun. We even saw a wild turkey on the cart path!






Landon and grandaddy went fishing. Landon caught his first fish! We are going to have it mounted. I know it sounds a little odd, but Landon is so proud of that fish!










Saturday Dennis, my brother Doug, and me played golf at another really nice course called Ledgestone. Since Doug was a "beginner" I did a lot of laughing. But so did he! It was a fun morning.



Later in the afternoon we took went on a boat ride on Table Rock lake. It was so pretty that afternoon. Landon "swam" in the lake for the first time ever. I say "swam" because he spent most his time glued to my face!









Sunday we got up to return home and Landon said go swim? Go catch fish? Go on the boat? I giggled. But it was time to go home. We had a great trip and avoided the "strip" in Branson, for the most part. It was good to spend time with the family and enjoy some time away.

No comments: