Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hair Cuts and Grape Juice...

Oh my.

So here's how our week a couple of weeks ago began and ended. On Sunday evening Dennis and me decided it was time for our little man to get a trim. I have done it before when it was just a tiny trim, but he needed a full blown hair cut (he was looking kind of shaggy). So off I went to get the scissors and then needed the electric trimmer with the guard as I was afraid of turning Landon into Van Gough.

Everything was going fine. Landon wasn't liking it much, but what can you do? So Dennis held him his lap and I turned to get the scissors off the counter (safety first) for the last time. As I did this Landon picked up the electric trimmer (remember what I said about safety first?) Turned it on, and proceeded to trim off his left side burn. In a split second it was gone. I mean completely. So I frantically worked to try and fix his "new" style into one people wouldn't question. Such as, "who did that to his hair?", "oh, did he get gum in his hair", "poor kid, some one needs to tell his parents there are trained professionals who can cut his hair". Not that it made it any better really. So Landon now has started a brand new trend in hair styles. Not one I would recommend, though.
From now on, our lovely stylist from the UK, Belinda will be cutting his hair!

And now on to grape juice.....
So, we normally allow Landon to drink his sippie cup in his room prior to going to bed each night. Dennis had given him grape juice as he has many times before. This night was no different, so we thought. About 10-20 minutes later Dennis goes to Landon's room to get him ready for bed. He says "Lesley you need to come see this". This is normally something Dennis says when Landon does something funny. I was hesitant but then got up from the couch and went to Landon's room. I saw GRAPE! I saw grape juice everywhere!!! On the TV, on the armoire, on the chest of drawers, on the bed, on his linens, on his toy box, and all over the beige carpet.
Apparently Landon wanted to do his impression of Jackson Pollok in the medium of grape juice. Landon had spit his grape juice out all over his room. It was 20 plus spots. Oh my gosh! So two hours on my hands and knees scrubbing and the longest time out of Landon's life, we determined we needed professional assistance. So two days later our friends the carpet cleaners came out and got up the rest of the grape juice.
In the meantime, Landon was punished with no TV the following day, no toys, books, or stuffed animals in his room. I know it sounds drastic but he disrespected his belongings and we couldn't think of any other way to teach him a needed lesson.
We think Landon got it, at least he said he did. I asked him to you get it? He said "I sorry, I get it, I get it". I couldn't help but laugh!

No comments: