Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Handy Work


I know, two posts in one day after my usual dry spell. Oh well, I found the time to add some pictures of some past embroidery work and some new as well. Dennis had the time to upload the pictures so I could add them. Thanks hubby!
Some of these Harper's mommy may remember from about a year ago! Happy Birthday (a little belated) to sweet Harper! Whoo doesn't love an owl!?!


The patterns I use are from http://www.sublimestitching.com/. I love her selection of patterns. It is nice to find patterns that are not so old fashioned!
This one of the darling angel and bee is one of my favorites for a baby shower gift. It is soft, sweet, and cute! The bee burp cloth is part of the set!







The dish towel of the pears I did for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day last year. I gave her a set of three, this is just one of them.
I have done quite a few things for Lou as well. I did a dress with the same owl from the bib above. I have done several pairs of bloomers. I am obsessed with them!
I look forward to doing some more work for Lou and for a few mommies who have had special deliveries recently. My latest thing is antique infant slips. Instead of using them under dresses I am embroidering them for sweet, cool summer dresses. Thus far I have infant slips from the 1920's, 1930's, and the 1940's in pristine condition! Etsy is my friend!!!!!!


I just completed a bib and burp cloth set as well as a clothing set for one of our friends who had a little girl in May. She also has a big sister that I did a tee-shirt to match her little sister's items.


Though it takes me some time to complete, I enjoy my other hobby. I have been working on something special for Landon for a while. It is very time consuming and large. I really wish I could get it done for his birthday this year. He will be 4 years old on August 12th!!!!!!! We will see!


1 comment:

Sara said...

These are all so cute! I love the owl!!