Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The 4th and Her Feet

We enjoyed a relaxing 4th of July. The 3rd we spent the evening preparing Landon's new swimming pool. Though I say it is Landon's it is for all of us to enjoy during this summer that is sure to get even hotter as we get further into July and August. The 4th we enjoyed an afternoon of playing in the pool before enjoying some BBQ I had slow cooked the day before and some ribs that we had smoked for Memorial day and had frozen a rack for later (a good decision I think!) The night of the 4th we painted Lou's toenails. Poor Lou, her feet are still too tiny for shoes. She is not a fan of socks as she kicks them off whenever she gets the chance. A co-worker of mine suggested painting them. Seriously? I thought to myself. How do you paint baby's toenails. They squirm and wiggle and do all sorts of contortions. Surely this will end with paint everywhere (I thought). In her sleep maybe? No, Lou sleeps with one leg crossed over the other and has done this since birth.

While Dennis fed Lou her last bottle of the night I painted her toes. She kept still for the most part and did pretty good. I had a little touch up to do, but all in all a success! Her little tiny toes looked cute. The color even matched mommy's! (If you know me, you know I like things to match)

We enjoyed church the next day in our matching outfits. We didn't make the boys suffer through that, so they just blended in with mommy and Lou! It was fun and I loved it! Looking down at her toes puts a smile on my face and seeing the picture Dennis took makes me giggle just a bit!
This little piggy.......

No comments: