Saturday, February 12, 2011

Island State of Mind

I know there are tons of people freezing their behinds off this winter. I have been fortunate enough to be in Florida and most of the time celebrate the days of winter with clear skies and sunshine. Of course, not every day is sunny. We do get rain and some chills from time to time. But I will gladly have those days as opposed to frigid temps, long commutes on icy roads, and all the other things that go along with a miserable winter.

Valentines Day is Monday. And though there are not any plans for a dinner date or a night out, I thought it might be nice to take advantage of the nice weather and plentiful, fresh seafood and try my hand at ceviche. So we will be trying out this Peruvian specialty along with some other fresh flavors for the day of love. I have planned the menu for the week as well and it includes some other dishes that feature seafood such as Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp. If any of them turn out like I hope, I will post them to my recipe site which has sat for quite a while without an update...oops!

This island state of mind is also thanks to us booking our vacation for this summer. We are headed to an all inclusive resort in Riveria Maya. I am really looking forward to spending our 8th wedding anniversary in a hammock on white sand beaches sipping some tropical fruity concoction. It is in May, but never too soon to plan, think, and dream.......

No comments: