Monday, July 25, 2011

Invasion!

We have tons of critters in Southern Florida.  Some are cute, others...not so much. We have the baby sea turtles, dolphins, even native parrots.  These animals I am completely fine with.

However, snakes (rattle snakes, coral snakes, cotton mouths, pythons, boa constrictors),  nile monitors & tegus (they are lizards-look them up, eeww!), palmetto bugs, jelly fish, and sugar ants I am not fond of. 
And, as a side note, if you haven't seen Swamp Wars yet, tune in and see what South Florida residents deal with.

After a decent day at work, I come home after running errands with the family to find a sugar ant invasion in our master bath! I am talking in the hundreds on the cabana bath door.  This is NOT what I wanted to have to deal with.  Dennis got the bug spray and it seemed to make it worse, not better.  The ants came out of no where!  So then we got bleach and tried to drown them with that.  Needless to say our next call was to our landlord.  The exterminator is coming tomorrow evening, which is not soon enough in my opinion. I would rather them be here now as I don't know how I am going to sleep knowing they can invade again over night. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny that you would post about this (and Swamp Wars). I was watching that show for the first time this weekend and the thought crossed my mind.....Dennis and Lesley live in southern FL, I wonder if they have had any run-ins with crazy animals. The tegus... yes very very gross! I hope you guys are doing good down there in sunny FL. I must say after watching Swamp Wars, I am not sure I could live there. We miss seeing you guys!