Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year and a New State of Mind

We spent New Years eve by going to Ikea. We had never been but needed to get some things for the guest bed room so that our friends can hopefully visit in February or March. The place was insane! The prices were great and the selection overwhelming. We came away with some steals and I cannot wait to go back!

After our shopping excursion, we headed home. I began cooking our gourmet New Years meal. I had been wanting to try Beef Wellington. I did something I rarely do and followed a recipe. I prefer to experiment in the kitchen or take a basic recipe and add/subtract/change ingredients until it is barely the same as what I started with. This time I changed just a few things and spent 3 hours cooking a masterpiece. I love cooking in our kitchen. It is sleek and modern and comfortable. We had roasted asparagus, hot crab and spinach dip, and a lemon drop champaign cocktail. To top it off I made Dennis' favorite dessert which is chocolate pots de creme.

The night was nice and quiet. We made it until midnight, kissed goodnight and said hello to 2011. We are looking forward to this year. We are looking forward to exploring our new city, doing a few things to the house, and creating many memories here in Florida!

No comments: