Monday, September 13, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus....

One day I may look back at this event and laugh, but right now, not. so. much.

Friday was an interesting milestone in the life of our 5 year old. Landon is now in kindergarten at a county school. It was rated one of the best in the county. We have thus far, been pleased with the school. It is fairly new, clean, and the the student to teacher ratio is not terrible.

Landon participates in after school care every day. Since me and the husband work past the time he gets out of school, he spends his afternoon with the ladies at the school's Y-care program. He seems to enjoy playing with the other kids and doesn't mind having to wait on us to pick him up.

Landon did ask to start riding the bus in the mornings. We reluctantly agreed. We are only about 3 blocks from the school, so we thought we would give it a try. We filled out the paperwork and Landon started riding the bus just about a week ago. Friday, for some reason his teacher through some comedy of errors (I say comedy with sarcasm, as I still don't find it all that humorous), placed Landon on the bus in the afternoon to go home. With no one there to receive Landon at our home and the teacher realizing the mistake, she called us to inform us our child was at our house. Luckily, our neighbor was able to watch him until we could get home.

Needless to say, I am rethinking the whole bus concept. It is pretty foreign to me anyways considering I went to private school throughout elementary and high school. He loves the bus (at 5 it doesn't take much to make them happy!), so I really hope from now on he is at school in the afternoons when we go to fetch him!!!!

1 comment:

Marksberry Family said...

I would have had a panic attack! Glad everything worked out!