Monday, July 26, 2010

Renovations

We have been in the midst of renovations at the Thompson house. These renovations are in preparation for the big move to Florida. We (I say we, but we had it done since our home has 20 feet walls in places) have completely painted inside and out and new carpet throughout the home. We will put the house on the market this Wednesday.

Our home has been turned inside-outside a couple of times in the past week. There was chaos and stress and dust. All of these things my little OCD brain had trouble processing and seeing through. But now that the renovations are complete and I can breathe again, the house looks nice. We have de-cluttered and packed up things that can be stored so hopefully we will have very little that needs to be packed once we are ready to go.

It looks like September will be the moving date. Not exactly sure when since we need the house to sell. It's weird to be talking about this since for so long it seemed like a dream and not at all a possible reality. Having said that we are excited. I am scared too. This is a huge step. I haven't lived outside of Memphis (except for the year I was at Union).


I am looking forward to the end of the week to be heading back to Florida for some house hunting, some ocean air, and some more Dave Matthews! The 15 hour road trip should be an experience. As long as husband and me do not strangle one another, I think all will be fine! The kids will be staying at home this trip. But soon enough kids and dogs will be packed up and headed south as well. Gosh, that feels so strange to say!

No comments: